Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Practice makes perfect




I visited a friend this weekend and ended up helping her and her family paint their kitchen. I like visiting and find it a good escape from my normal life out in the city. Due to the fact that most of their fathers' are basically absent, I look forward in spending quality time with them. Not as a father figure, but more as a positive male role model. It is a shame how hard it is on single women now a days. Can't get a man to help change a light bulb let alone...buy a carton of milk. The whole family structure has deteriorated so low that it is much needed breath of fresh air when a man steps in, even if it is for only a weekend. I am not sure on how the impact of my actions truly effect her or her family, but all I can try to do is my best, to be a stand up brotha...can you dig it?

3 comments:

Create said...

sad but true...i was one...nice brotha..giving bac...when you don't have to..but i found in times of need...yours is but a teardrop away from showing love and respect...excuse me..i'm nervous as hell...i just woke up from having saw words of songs touchin my insides...got 2 catch my breath..

Lannie...u..i have no words 2 say
except...I DO...your absolutely wonderful..when you grace the times given...your air is suspended
what lifts that moment to bring your hands which crafts everything..i've never met u...but..i saw you...in my space..wearing jeans and a t-shirt
cleaning...i don't know where that came from..but i have visions..strong..do u believe...i do..God has it's angels...no doubt in my mind...your being one of many..continue..my king...it becomes u..love Create..wish i can wear your shoes..in my space...smiling..&;^)PEACE

Lannie Ross said...

ur so crazey :creation:

Create said...

AS CRAZY AS A FOX IN WINTER...AS A DREAM YET 2 B FULFILLED...LIKE A BED BUG..THAT KEEPS ON BUGGIN...THAT'S ME..THANKS AGAIN FOR DA MOTHER'S DAY ADD...HOPE YOUR MOM GET EVERYTHING SHE DESIRE...SHE NEEDS 2B SHOWN THAT THIS COME 2 PAST..WOULD LOVE 2 MEET HER SOMEDAY.."WHAT AM I SAYING"..HMMMMMM...I WILL..GOT TRIXS..CRAZY RABBIT...UP MY COOKING SHIRT SLEEVES..
(^=&CREATE&=^)SMILING...LOVEYA